Thursday, November 18, 2010

2. Wuthering Heights

Well, all I have to say is "what?!". I am so confused, intrigued, and apprehensive all at the same time.

Is Catherine dead? Was she not well off? Was she a servant? Is she a ghost? Who wrote her name all over the walls? I'm attempting a new style of annotating, which is prohibiting me from reading further and answering these questions. It consists of reading the text once, read it again and highlight key points or unfamiliar words, look up these words and make notes to myself. Sadly, I'm still in the highlighting stage.

I'm not too fond of ghost stories, but Heathcliff's forlorn and desperate reaction to this is making me hungry to read more.

I will admit that even this early on, Heathcliff is growing on me. The hopeless romantic sap that I am, I wanted to cry at his outburst to Catherine. Well that's all I've really got for today, so I'll go back to highlighting now.

No comments:

Post a Comment