Sunday, December 5, 2010

20. Wuthering Heights

Ms. Sobrero, you told me that Heathcliff was like Mr. Darcy. I agree to some degree, just not entirely. Heathcliff, to me, was a lot more obsessive and creepy than Mr. Darcy ever could be. And Heathcliff frequently weirded me out with his obsession.

It was cute how he put Catherine first. But not so cute when he continued to do so after her death and harmed other's in his quest for revenge. And wished to mingle with Catherine when they decomposed. Yeah, that wasn't cute in any way. Gave me chills actually.

Overall for this story, I'll say it amused and entertained me. And it made me really pay attention to the little details and made me finish a chapter so as to not confuse me as to who the narrator was. It was a Romeo and Juliet-esque kind of story that was split into two stories with the second story being an alternate ending for the former.

All's well that ends well, for young Catherine and Hareton at least.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I guess I'll have to fight you for Mr. Darcy now. Heathcliff seemed more "team Jacob" to me. :)

    ReplyDelete