Date of Service: May 7, 2011 Time Spent: 4 & 1/2 hours Total Hours: 12 & 1/2
Actions I Performed: I shelved DVDs in the featured films section for 2 hours, and weeded out the DVDs that had been removed from their proper shelves. For the next 2 and a half hours I was taught how to shelve movies in the children's section. It was quite the long process however because kids were coming in and out of this section and taking movies I'd just shelved and putting them into the wrong section.
Next Action: I enjoyed shelving this section because I was able to reminisce over the movies and shows I recognized from my youth, and I hope to be put in this section again.
How am I doing?: I'm doing great at the library. The librarians and my mentor are so warm and accommodating, not only to me, but to everyone that comes into the library. It's an inspiring, and calming atmosphere that I'm honored to be a part of.
No comments:
Post a Comment