Saturday, August 14, 2010

9. Their Eyes Were Watching God.

Sorry! I was internet-less for a couple days and had to pre-write these blogs on my computer, and somehow I missed Ch.16-19 of Their Eyes Were Watching God...so here's the post. Sorry for it being out of order, and on entry '10' it is supposed to say Ch. 20 and Thoughts
Ch. 16-19
When we were introduced to Mrs. Turner, I was appalled at her blatant disgust towards her own race and utter admiration to white people. I couldn’t understand her opinions or sympathize in the slightest. I wasn’t surprised that TC wanted Janie to end her friendship with her and was surprised that Janie didn’t do it herself sooner.

And yet again, my doubts towards TC resurfaced when he beat Janie to ‘show her whose boss’ in a fit of male bravado. But when the two are swept up in the flood of a storm and he saves Janie’s life, he doubts lowered once again. It shocked me, however, that the action that saved Janie’s life, would eventually lead to the end of TC’s life.
 
I cannot imagine ever being in Janie’s place and am amazed that she thought of changing it to empty bullet chambers so that of TC did go crazy and tried to shoot her, she’d have a chance to fight back. And when the time came, Janie did have to kill him which ended up with her on trial, all of her new friends against her. But after Janie gives her side which warms the hearts of the all-white jury, she is finally released and able to get TC buried.

No comments:

Post a Comment